Breaking in my new shoes.

May 7, 2016


Hey everyone! I just wanted to share with you all that I got my feet this past Tuesday! I have been walking on these flat kind of duck feet that are called stubbies, I started off with them in the beginning of walking in prosthesis. I had them for a while, and then I eventually got knees. Over the month and a half I have been at therapy, I have made a lot of progress. Actually getting to walk outside and getting to show my family the progress I've made. I decided that I wanted to try the feet, instead of the "duck feet" I had recently. I walked on my feet for the first time on Wednesday, I surprised my physical therapist with them, and with how quickly I adapted to the feet on my first try! It was unreal to look down and see shoes, especially going shoe shopping! Its been six years since I have gotten to wear shoes, and walking in my mom's house was an amazing feeling. She watched me take those first steps like when I walked for the first time when I was a baby, she was crying, but I knew they were tears of joy. It has been hard work so far, I've gotten some cuts and bruises, but I feel more motivated than i have felt in the last three years. It took me a while to get to this point in my life, and I feel like that's okay, it always takes time. You can take all the time you need, you will always find ways to compare yourself to others, but everyone's life and situations are different. You don't see what struggles they are going through. Even though I have my feet today, I still struggle with decisions I have made, and the situations that I am still dealing with. Below is the video of me walking on the feet for the first time!

                                                 
                                                  (My really cute purple Nikes!) 

 



(My mom and I)



(Me and My boyfriend Garrett)



(Sitting on the bench!)




(Walking on the "Duck Feet")




No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs