Outlander Inspired Red dress is Finally Done!

November 6, 2016


Hey guys! So I finally finished this dress! I love how it turned out, I know I told you guys that I was going to pick from one of the sketches that I drew before. I will put that sketch below so you can see the idea I had and then how the dress came to life. I decided on a simple look in the front and a elegant look in the back. I wanted to add the bow in the back to include a cute touch to the dress! The fabric is Duchess Satin in Roja Red, I purchased it from Mood Fabrics online.

I mentioned before that I was inspired by the famous red dress from Outlander along with a strapless red dress Audrey Hepburn wore in the movie Sabrina the "Sabrina Dress". The top of this dress is very similar to hers.

I showcased this dress and two others I made before at the 10 year anniversary for the shop I make my dresses at. Dallas Designing Dreams is a great place that has taught a lot of people to make their own creations and has helped people pursue careers in design. The owners; Carla and Arthur are fantastic people and helped me every step of the way. Without them I probably would have never found this passion for design, I will always be grateful to them!

I will be starting another project soon! I will keep you posted! I will also add a link to Dallas Designing Dreams so you can check them out!






Here are the links: http://www.dallasdesigningdreams.org/
http://www.sewingforlife.net/

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs